Thursday, September 29, 2011

Morning Off = CAKE!

 
So, yesterday I had the whole afternoon off! I asked myself, do I want to sit around all day watching movies? Or do I actually want to accomplish something? As you can see from the above picture, I chose to do option #2! Well, I rolled myself out of bed at the horrifying hour of 9 and started on a cake! :)

It is a Cherry Chip cake. I have never made one that flavor before, and I wouldn't know if it tastes good because we have not eaten it yet. HA!

 
Hmm... so something went wrong while it was baking. I am not exactly sure what happened. So far as I can tell the side of the cake had a hole in it so that when the batter rose up that high it all just kind of spilled out the side! Luckily, I had some mini cupcakes in there too and I caught it before too much batter got on the bottom of the oven. But now when something is baking in there, it smells kind of like burnt marshmallows. Haha!
 
But, in the end, it was a successful cake! And I felt like I used my morning off wisely. :)

Have a wonderful rest of the night! I am going to go start knitting a washcloth! :D
Taylor Kay
 

No comments: