Sunday, January 24, 2016

Knitting Showers of Cake!

Hello Everyone!
So, I've got a few things to post about today but they all pertain to the same thing! And that's Oliver James!
Yesterday was the baby shower for him. Luckily I managed to finish the blanket I was knitting for him in time to give it as a gift. :)
 Here it is! I actually really liked this pattern. It was quite simple and it knit up pretty quickly, which is definitely nice. I like quick knits. Haha! 




Speaking of quick knits, I also made this little hat! :)





 So, for the baby shower, I made the cake! It's a cake made by carving 2 10" round cakes and shaping them to look like a dinosaur! It is chocolate flavored and frosted with my homemade buttercream.
This cake was probably the most fun I've had making a cake in a while. It is definitely one of my favorites! :)
The shower went very smoothly and everyone 
had a good time

There were a few unique games that mom found and they were fun!




 
So, I bought a different brand of cake boards and I really don't know why this happened to my cake and I was very unhappy about it...
The board itself was not wet, but it looks like it soaked in a whole bunch of moisture from somewhere and it made it look super gross. I will not be buying this brand again... >:( But other than that, everything was great!
Leila was having some fun with her cousin Scarlett




Anyways, good times were had by all! Brianna can't wait for Oliver to be born, and neither can the rest of us! :D 
So, time to watch the rest of the Broncos game. GO BRONCOS! Since the Packers are out, I really want the Broncos to go to the Super Bowl! WOO PEYTON MANNING! 

Taylor Kay

No comments: