Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Snow + More Snow = Hot Cocoa!

Alright everyone, winter has decided to arrive. Why it couldn't come a week ago I'll never know. I would have been much more excited about it then! But now... not so much. 
Mom can be seen here looking out the window as the street plow drives by to put more snow at the end of the driveway. We had just finished shoveling out the first round... *sigh*

Green Bay got 13.2 inches of snow, according to a weather post on facebook. Usually we get less than the surrounding areas, but this storm we actually had the most snow! And of course I was scheduled to work at 5AM, yeah that didn't happen.
But I still ended up waking up at 4:00 this morning, so decided to have a Star Wars marathon (episodes 4-6 to be exact). We saw the Force Awakens last night during the blizzard. It was quite fun trying to drive home cuz it was still snowing and already inches deep, luckily mom was driving and not me. Ha!
 So snow always means Hot Cocoa to me!
I actually made a mix from scratch for a few people for Christmas this year. I wasn't sure I was going to have enough for everyone so I did a double batch. Ended up with a SEA of hot cocoa mix!! It was like sand dunes in that GIANT pot!!
I also crushed up some peppermint pieces and packaged some marshmallows to give with the jars of mix. 
 
Made some tags as well with Christmas paper and wrote the directions for how to make a delicious cup of hot cocoa! They turned out better than I was expecting! :)
And the Christmas presents are DONE! 
 The hot cocoa tastes pretty darn good too, made myself a cup after shoveling out the end of the driveway today!
So I'm done with snow for the year... if it decided not to snow again the rest of the winter I would be OK with it. 
13 inches is enough, thanks!
Anyways, enjoy the rest of your evening!
 
Taylor Kay

No comments: