Saturday, October 1, 2011

Love Is The Fountain Of Life - Day 1

 So, I have a friend who is having a BABY GIRL!!! So when I found out that she was pregnant, I started knitting this baby blanket. :) At the time I didn't know if it was a boy or a girl so I chose a neutral color. GREEN! And green is just a great color anyways. Hehe! 
The pattern for this blanket is just absolutely GORGEOUS! I love it. It is just these squares over the entire blanket with a thick border. It also called for 2 yarns being knit at the same time. I really like this technique because I think it makes it so much softer! I used baby Bernat sport yarn, so it was already pretty soft on its own. :)
Then, when I found out she was having a girl, I bought this CUTE little Teddy Bear! The hood can be either up or down. Also, you can't see it really, but it says SWEETIE under the duck. :) Te-He! So CUTE!
Here's something just fun. Today, my Grandma came to town and we (Grandma, Mom, and I) went to the Hallmark store to look at the Christmas ornaments. Well they were having some drawing thing to win a Precious Moments figure. We showed up just 5 minutes before they were going to pick a winner, so we quick signed up. Wouldn't you know it, my mom's name was picked! HAHA! So she won this Precious Moments piece. It's called "Love Is The Fountain Of Life". :) So sweet!

Well I hope you have a wonderful Saturday. Aaand... 

WELCOME TO OCTOBER!!! :D

Taylor Kay

2 comments:

tartankiwi said...

Love your blanket, its a great colour.

planettreasures said...

the blanket looks so soft and cuddly, what a lovely job you have done with it!