Tuesday, February 26, 2013

A Returning Customer!

Hey Everybody!
Ok, so before we get into the real reason for this post, let's just take a minute to appreciate these ADORABLE bunny marshmallows!
 AREN'T THEY THE CUTEST??

Anyways, so last week I got a message from a friend on facebook who I had made a cake for back in... September was it? I don't remember. It was late last year sometime. Ha!
She had gotten married and asked me to make the cake for her! :D It was really exciting. It was just a little cake for her and her husband and then cupcakes for all their guests
 The cake was chocolate with a chocolate pudding filling and it was decorated with my homemade buttercream. I personally LOVED how this cake turned out, and so did she :)
The cupcakes were chocolate and vanilla and were decorated with a chocolate 'K' (for their last name)
 So yeah! She was very happy with how it all turned out! So happy in fact that she wanted me to make her another cake! It would be for her daughter's 21st birthday. I was actually good friends with her daughter in school, so that's how she knows me. Haha! Just to clarify. 
 She wanted it to be marble, so my mom came up with this cool idea to try and make the inside look like zebra print! Now, I am a great lover of zebras so ooobviously this idea was pure brilliance!
The cake itself, no kidding, was chocolate and vanilla with a buttercream layer in the middle then frosted and decorated with my homemade buttercream! This was actually something really different for me because I had never free handed the writing on a cake before, and I've never done the ruffles down the side. I'm just happy it turned out! And so was she! And I hear it tasted pretty good too :)
So that was all exciting!
It felt good to make a cake again!
I didn't like baking it tho... I don't like baking... and yet everyone thinks I'm this amazing baker because of my cakes. They ask how I make them and I'm like...
"Uhhh... Duncan Hines has amazing box mixes that are really easy to use... *derp*" Ha!
UGH! Look what happened right before I tried to do this post today...
This is seriously like the WORST screen to pop up on your computer... I died a little inside... :( 
Oh but that's ok, it only took
20 MINUTES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
..................
.................................
...Taylor is not impressed...
.................................
..................
Well, on that happy note, Hope you all have a wonderful night! :) 

 Taylor Kay 
 

No comments: