Tuesday, October 26, 2010

"Let Them Eat Cake!" - Day 26

 Now this here is a cake worthy enough for Marie Antoinette! It is elegant and delicious! 
I decided to take her famous quote to heart and share my wonderful cake with my Knit-Night buddies. :)
"LET THEM EAT CAKE!!!" says I, 
...and there was much rejoicing... 
"...yaaaay..." 
(quote reference for all you Monty Python fanatics!)
 I am glad that everyone enjoyed my cake. The pieces were absolutely ENORMOUS! I figured out the reason why. I meant to put 10 shaggy mums on the top so that I could cut it into 10 pieces... but I only made 8 mums... HA! Oh well. :)
The remains of my cake... 
The biggest piece of half eaten cake on the bottom is mine... HA! I have made about 3 cakes and I have not actually finished a single piece of any of them. Goodness. Well... it's probably a good thing. Hehe! 
Knit-Night was very fun tonight... but I didn't get any knitting done... :P I managed to string a bunch of beads onto some yarn. You will see why in a few days probably! :) 
Anyways, hope you all had a wonderful day!

Taylor Kay

3 comments:

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Oh, YUM, Taylor! I wish I could have been one of the Royal Taste Testers!
The cake looks delicious...and beautiful. Enjoy the rest of your week.
xoxo
Donna

PS. Even though he's a Viking now, it was sad to hear about Favre's ankle. Finished out the game with a broken ankle. That's some kind of drive!

miss~nance said...

yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmy........

Mocho Doce said...

Yammmyyy Cake!!!

Can you please share your recipe with me? :) How do you make that topping?

Thanks a lot

My e-mail is mochodoce@gmail.com